Thursday, May 8, 2008

Hip Hoppity Green Screening

That's right, it's gettin' hip-hoppity in here! i'm building a studio in the basement and i am having the worse morning in the history of mornings today. i went to bed @ 4pm. up at midnights. came here to church to work work work! I've been working on this thing since friday and have made a lot of progress. the walls are up, the back walls are black washed, i built prop-up stands for the screen. yeah, and so i go out to walmart this morning at around 3. and then there's these new european turn-about things that you glide right through and i pull into the road thats pretty much walmart parking lot and BAM! i get nailed for blowing a walmart stop sign. what idiotic trooper gets his kicks off nabbing poor 20-year old college kids like myself and IN A PARKING LOT?! come on, i thought, and i said to myself in the car with confidence, i won't get a ticket, i'll just do my usual respectful presenting of my case and whallah! i'll be home free. .. . ... ...

yeah... 1st of all, my front passenger door just broke from the inside out the other day ago .so i can't open it. secondly my power windows are currently out of commisions as well so the whole, confrontation with Officer Bimbo-head wasn't as smooth as it should of been. i reached back to the backseat door and pushed the door open then said, "hey officer is this alright if we talk through my back door?" (derrrrrrrrrrr!) he's like yes, can i see some I.D... oH & then my 3rd strike of the night, i didn't have my license with me but i did however have my old old 16 year-old one so i shrugged my shoulders and handed them that with a candid smile.

he was back 3 hours later with my ticket and a business-like nod that said "i'll catch ya again when you least expect it, i'll be hiding behind the shopping carts--my squad car camoflauged as a giant cart and i will get your 1st born child and ...." yep.

back to work if i can find the right tools, i made 3 trips back and forth to walmart because they kept cutting me the wrong sized fabric. i'm really frustrated right now and need a hug. please, someone ...mail me hug. yep

here it is...



2 comments:

ellie said...

Sorry about the frustrations :(. Here is a telepathic hug from me, and another one from Brickman.

John Habibi said...

Don't you hate that?
Gotta love the fuzz.
Looks like you are doing a lot of work on this studio.
I can't wait to here about the final outcome.