Monday, May 5, 2008

Freshbrands--the warehouse with a promise!




--> Cheesy title, I know!

well, yes. all i can say is that i am so grateful for what Jesus is doing in my life right now and since the end of january, i thought it'd be impossible to pick up a job or even hold a job since i'm such a failure at life (he he...). but thats not what God thinks. yeah i've had to work a lot more than the average kid over the years and a bazillion different jobs. i've thought of being a real sport and posting every single job and position i've held on facebook (just to look cool and promote my awesomeness) but then i'm like well, yeah that'd be rather gay because it'd take up like 3 miles plus another half km.

I started at an sweet basil (an italian) restaurant. thats been fun. great people--and my sister Mallorie started working with me so that is great because now i can spend more time with her!!After filling out applications at over 25 different industrial and commercial full time jobs and sitting down for 3 different interviews I ended up landing a job at a Piggly Wiggly warehouse. i would have to drive a stand up fork truck around all night from 7 pm to 5 am 4 nights a week with much overtime.... and i mean alot. after a week of light training i started up in february on a sunday night from 9 pm to 11 am the next morning. that was hell in handbags...14 hours.. i could barely drive home i was so fatigued and stopped block by block to nap. and then only come back a few hours later.

OK...so what i'm getting at here is that as of last night, i received the news that i have passed all requirements to get off of my lengthy probationary period and get a raise and all. its all about making a rate where they give you so much time to get orders done and break your back in the process. wow, it is intense. this job has really gotten me into shape. i feel more fit and stronger. i feel like richard simmons after he realized how breathtaking his greased up shaven legs were...yep! But i was so excited when i first made rate (as they call it). it is extremely hard to do and it takes time to adjust and psyche yourself out every night but GOD WAS there for me all the time. he's given me the strength to do what i must do. the 2nd day, my trainer dude told me that i was more brainy than strengthy (or something like that). i was offended. i've always been a go-getter. when i want something, my strong willed spirit will do what it takes...not that i'm perfect by any means but...yeah, now this trainer guy takes back what he's said and cannot believe becaus 12 out of 14 employees leave within the 1st month of being at that place.

the people have scared me. but many of them are hurting and in need of a deep connection with something more. i feel determined to let my light shine- but Satan tries to make me look like a goon all the time. and i get made to look bad sometimes by the guys there. then i remember what Jesus must of felt like and i brush it off. this one time, i banged my knee into something because my fork truck brakes failed and my knee was full of pain. i prayed right then and there that God would heal it so that i could do my best for him and worship him through my work (even though it's not my dream-come-true-line-of-work...I'd much rather be making comical films featuring the characters that i have to wokr with) but i trusted in him and he healed my hurting knee and i could walk fine after that. i was filled with so much joy from that and i am right now knowing that when Paul said to 'keep your eyes on the prize' he WASN'T kidding!

i have much debt to pay off, but the lord is so good to me and provides me with evertying i need. Even Freshbrand warehouse with the pig! (i am gonna sneak a cam in sometime and record some of the weirdos and my crazy acrobatics on the fork truck and put it up as PIGS...the next NOSE KNOWS production documentary...maybe)

1 comment:

ellie said...

zach, i'm so happy that things are panning out so to speak. It is really awesome to see God's faithfulness through everything. You are possibly the raddest guy I know... and we will make movies.