Saturday, June 28, 2008

TIME

I hate exclaiming "OH wow, it's already such and such date..." Or "It's June 29th already?...wow!" Because it is my belief that every 2.34 months a person will take notice to this sort of reality--time. Yes, time passes but do we always need to make a big stink about it as if it really wasn't supposed to go that fast.

We're the ones going too fast! We want to speed through the things we believe will be tough and long...when really nothing is ever slower and nothing is ever faster. We trick ourselves. We are making a big mistake if we are not taking the time to recognize the milestones in our life. And when I say that, I don't mean like major holidays and life-changing events and performances and that sort of thing, I mean the little things of significance. I am happy to be alive at this moment in time, sitting here overwhelmed with what God has given me. Yes I ran over my foot yesterday with a fork truck and had to go to the ER, but I'm okay, and I'll always laugh in the future because of that experience. I am fearful of tomorrow...will I make enough to get by? Will I meet my goals....Yep, and then time plays with you. But these people, these good times, I am so grateful for.

I don't need to freak out at the passing of time. It's not already a certain time, it is only RIGHT now! I am so thankful for the people in my life right here and now--not two months later--but now. They are here, these experiences are right here for no other reason but for me to give praise and glory to God. Does that mean I get to be lazy and slack? HECK NO! Why would I want to do that, not that I'm not guilty of that. I've got so many things I want to do...i've got vids I want to make, people I want to marry and shoe laces that need tying...it's time to seize the opportunities right here and now!

Okay so I'm giving myself a pep talk in all of this b/c I too fall into the trap of thinking that time is sneaky and conniving and only wants to devour my common goals...well LISTEN UP TIME, there's a new guy in town and you're going to have to NOT be crazy like that.
Okay, i'm okay now...

No comments: