Monday, February 9, 2009

Strange and Beautiful

Another year to live, a new line to cross. Age twenty one.
A significant cultural mark. A rite of passage, many would say.
I don't feel like an entirely different person, or different at all. I like the status, but I'm not above anything or whatnot. I'm still me. Soon I'll be thirty one and I'll then truly feel old. Old.

I don't know, I'm kinda excited about being this age. I eagerly embrace having no curfew to hold me down from late nights in the future- talking, experiencing life, love, and for that matter friendship befitting to the third shift lifestyle I've come to love.

I love how jovial I feel about this day, especially leading up to it. It's like remembering something really good that has been stowed up and awaiting being found. And when you land on this day, dreams come true. I'm kind of a sentimental guy. I like to remember what happened a year from the here and now, where I was what I was feeling and what I stood for. Who did I like? What was I in to? Listening to. Thinking about doing. Did.

I was listening to Aqualung's Strange and Beautiful and man that's a great song. You should listen to it on playlist.com. It'll change your life around.

No comments: